To start the New Year, the Forklift Boss has an announcement!
As of January 1, California Storage Systems is merging with Cromer Material Handling.
We’ve worked with Cal Storage for a few years now (joint ventured since 2010). Chuck Davies has a long-standing reputation for finding solid material handling products in Northern California—more than 25 years’ experience!
It’s been a good working relationship. The time was right. So we made the move.
The New Arrangement
Cromer now fully owns the California Storage operation and inventory. Both are being folded into Cromer’s product base and our facilities’ available inventory.
With the merger, Chuck joins Cromer as our Vice President in Charge of Allied Material Handling. Chuck’s still doing what he does best – finding and delivering the highest-quality material handling products. Like these:
- Warehouse Rack
- Shelving (All Types, e.g. boltless, heavy-duty metal shelves)
- Lockers, Benches, Partitions
- Cabinets and Drawers
- And many more.
Now that Chuck is working with us, we have better control of our accessible inventory. Forklifts, accessories, pallet jacks and allied material handling products, all processed in one spot by Cromer’s distribution team.
How the Merger Benefits You, Our Customer
This is the sort of merger which provides direct benefits to our customers. For 2015 and beyond, you can expect:
- Larger Inventory – Now that Chuck is in charge of all our allied material handling, we can expand our stock. You’ll have additional choices in vendors and order volumes.
- More Products at Your Local Cromer Facility – Each Cromer facility will carry a larger amount of material handling products for immediate purchase (or rental). For instance, our Manteca/Stockton facility is getting big shipments of industrial shelving in already.
- Faster Sourcing and Delivery – You’re now able to access Chuck’s expertise by coming to Cromer. He’ll source the parts needed, and our delivery drivers will be on their way to you. Not sure which products best suit your worksite? Chuck will take care of finding the right one.
This isn’t our only change planned for 2015 though. No, not at all...
Keep an eye on upcoming issues of this newsletter. Our subscribers will be the first to hear about the changes in the works.
(While you’re at it, please share “News from the Forklift Boss” with your colleagues! They’ll benefit from the new information coming your way in 2015. The sharing buttons are at the top right. We appreciate all referrals.)
Until next month!
Marshall Cromer, The Forklift Boss
Cromer Material Handling
Career Opportunities at Cromer
Come work for the Forklift Boss! We have the following job openings available:
- Territory Sales Representative
- Service Technicians
- Dispatch/Administrative Assistant
We're looking for can-do people with the skills and drive to make things happen. Visit our new Careers page on Cromer.com to view the job listings and apply.
If someone you know – who’s not currently working for your employer – would be interested in these positions, please forward this email to them.
Cromer Deal of the Month
FLEX LEASE ON CAT LIFT TRUCKS CONTINUES - $266/MONTH
CAT is still running a special lease deal on selected new lift trucks. You pay only $266 a month for a 40-month lease. If you want to extend the lease, the rate gets even cheaper.
Details in this flyer: Cromer CAT Special Flex Lease (PDF)
We only have 4 trucks left! They WILL NOT last. So call Cromer Headquarters at 510-534-6566 to take advantage of the Cat Flex Lease.